“look not only to their own interests, but also to the interests of others.”
Dear Lay Leader,
Thank you for caring so well for your pastor(s) especially during this unprecedented time dealing with Covid 19. Studies have shown that one of the most significant factors for clergy well-being is the support pastors feel from their congregations. A partnership between you and your pastor(s) is highly significant for their effectiveness and well-being.
We are honored to partner with you to help your pastor(s) thrive personally and professionally. Included in this packet are some fantastic opportunities to further support your pastor and prepare for Pastor Appreciation Month in October.
Below you will find the following resources that can be of direct benefit to your pastor(s):
- Bless Your Pastor Brochure: This program from the National Association of Evangelicals will give you a myriad of creative ideas to bless your pastor. You will especially want to notice how your pastor can receive a $250 gift card.
- #myPASTORrocks – see below how you can win a prize for your pastor by posting a picture on Facebook or Twitter of you with your pastor or you with your sign with the Pastors name on it and a few words about your Pastor. Prizes include. . .
Amazon gift cards – Beats Headphones – $200 Visa gift card
WPH Digital Download of the Wesley Bible Commentary set
WPH Digital Download of the Wesley Bible Studies set
Grand Prize of 2023 Gathering registration/accommodation for a pastor and spouse in Orlando, Florida.
Thank you for living out the words of the Apostle Paul who wisely encouraged us “to respect those who work hard among you . . . hold them in the highest regard in love because of their work” (1 Thess. 5:12-13). May God bless you lavishly for your faithful service to the church.
Together in faith, let’s expect God to do great things in the coming months to affirm and appreciate the pastors and spouses of The Wesleyan Church.
Russ Gunsalus, Dave Higle, Johanna Rugh
Join us in sharing stories of those who faithfully shepherd our communities.
Here’s how you can get involved:
- Follow The Wesleyan Church on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter
- Print the attached #myPASTORrocks sign
- Fill out the sign sharing a characteristic of your pastor that you appreciate
- Take a photo of you and your Pastor or you and the sign with the Pastors name and a few words about him on it holding your sign and share it on social media using the hashtag #myPASTORrocks
- Be sure your post is public so that we can see it – Posts from private profiles or shared to “friends only” will not be entered
- Tag at least 3 other people, asking them to do the same! Pastors tagged in these posts will be entered for prizes, including Amazon gift cards, Beats Headphones, $200 Visa gift card, WPH Digital Download of the Wesley Bible Commentary set, WPH Digital Download of the Wesley Bible Studies set, Grand Prize of 2023 Gathering registration/accomodation for a pastor and spouse in Orlando, Florida
Examples of social media posts:
- #myPASTORrocks Pastors name is among the best listeners I know
- #myPASTORrocks Pastors name is the one who showed up with a kind word and a basket of groceries after my surgeries
- #myPASTORrocks Pastors name is an encouragement to so many people
- #myPASTORrocks Pastors name is at most of the basketball games at our local high school, and a mentor to many of the coaches in our area!
- #myPASTORrocks Pastors name has kept up with my life even during Covid