“look not only to their own interests, but also to the interests of others.”
Dear Lay Leader,
Thank you for caring so well for your pastor(s). Studies have shown that one of the most significant factors for clergy well-being is the support pastors feel from their congregations. A partnership between you and your pastor(s) is highly significant for their effectiveness and well-being. We are honored to partner with you to help your pastor thrive personally and professionally.
In this packet, you will find the following resources that can be of direct benefit to your pastor(s):
● The Green Envelope: This envelope includes a guide to double the dollars you invest in your pastor through the Thrive Financial Initiative. Thanks to a significant grant from the Lilly Endowment, Education & Clergy Development is able to offer matching grants with local churches and/or districts to help address financial challenges faced by clergy.
● Bless Your Pastor Brochure: This program from the National Association of Evangelicals will give you a myriad of creative ideas to bless your pastor.
● #myPASTORis: This flyer explains how you can win a prize for your pastor by posting a picture on Facebook or Twitter of you with your pastor. Prizes include, Amazon gift cards, Fitbits, a $500 Visa gift card and the grand prize for a pastor and spouse to attend the 2023 Gathering at the Caribe Royale (registration and accommodation) in Orlando, Florida.
You can also find other ideas for appreciating your pastor(s) on our website: www.wesleyan.org/pastorappreciation
Thank you for living out the words of the Apostle Paul who wisely encouraged us “to respect those who work hard among you . . . hold them in the highest regard in love because of their work” (1 Thess. 5:12- 13). May God bless you lavishly for your faithful service to the church.
Together in faith, let’s expect God to do great things in the coming months to affirm and appreciate the pastors and spouses of The Wesleyan Church.
Join us in sharing stories of those who faithfully shepherd our communities. Here’s how you can get involved:
- Follow The Wesleyan Church on Facebook and Twitter
- Print the attached #myPASTORis sign
- Post a photo of you and your Pastor holding your sign on social media
- Use the hashtag #myPASTORis
- Share a characteristic of your pastor that you appreciate
- Tag at least 3 other people, asking them to do the same! Pastors tagged in these posts will be entered for prizes, including Fitbits, Amazon Gift Cards, a $500 Visa Gift Card. Our grand prize winner will receive registration and accommodations for the pastor and spouse to attend The Gathering at the Caribe Royale in 2023 in Orlando Florida!
Examples of social media posts:
- #myPASTORis among the best listeners I know
- #myPASTORis the one who showed up with a kind word and a basket of groceries after my surgeries
- #myPASTORis an encouragement to so many people
- #myPASTORis at most of the basketball games at our local high school, and a mentor to many of the coaches in our area!